Friday, February 11, 2011

Lemon and Herb Baked Salmon with Garlic Spinach and Salad

Dinner last night was DELICIOUS! It always helps when it's healthy and simple as well!

I buy the wild caught salmon that doesn't have any added coloring and flavor at Walmart. I just pulled it out of the freezer earlier in the day and let it soak in the sink with cold water for a few hours until I was ready to bake it.

Pat dry.

Rub with cold-pressed olive oil and a variety of herbal spices. The one we have here is a mix from Costco for seafood. Make sure to read all of the ingredients and make sure that there aren't any artificial colors, flavors, MSG, etc.

I like to add fresh lemon and dried rosemary. Bake at 350-375 for maybe around 45 minutes. Mine cooked faster than I planned for, so it was cooked a little more than our liking, but it was still yummy. When it's opague, and flaky...it's more than ready!

My sister commented once on how crazy it was that I could just pull out some of the vegetables that I have "sitting around" in our fridge and make a full salad. Just add the veggies that you love. Go for a RAINBOW of colors that way you are getting a variety of different nutrients. If I use any dressing at all, I usually squeeze some lemon and sea salt on my salad.

For the garlic spinach, drizzle some cold-pressed olive oil in a pan with some chopped garlic and heat until it's slightly fragrant.

Add organic spinach.

Only cook until it begins to wilt, stirring well so that it will absorb those yummy olive oil and garlic flavors.

YUM!

3 comments:

  1. This looks like a fabulous meal & sounds so YUMMY!! I cannot wait to prepare it for our family dinner tonight. I am so excited to read through my new Encyclopedia of Healing Foods & the Cure. I have increased my water intake, hoping to achieve the recommended amount of water daily for me. Here is to a healthier family & I. Thank you for your postings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you posted this! I have two salmon fillets in my fridge right now that will be tomorrows dinner (I have had them for a few days now...) Looks easy and fabulous! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for both of you! Anita, I am SO excited that you got those books. I can't wait to hear what you think! Thank you both for all of your contributions and support!

    Camber

    ReplyDelete