Thursday, February 3, 2011

A FANTASTIC BOOK ON HEALTHY FOOD


The Encyclopedia of Healing Foods





This is one of my new favorite books on healthy food! We bought a copy for my sister and brother-in-law and then one for ourselves. I LOVE books, especially big books...and this is a BIG book! Over 900 pages! Anyway, enough about my obsession with thick books. This book is one of my new favorites and is a staple now in my house. It covers every single fruit, vegetable, grain, etc. (all of the REAL FOOD) and talks about the health benefits of them individually. It's fascinating! There is an appendix in the back giving nutrient content of all of those foods as well as food remedies for all sorts of medical issues. I LOVE IT! When I was younger, there were a lot of good foods that I didn't like. I thought bell peppers were spicy, didn't taste an avocado until after I was married, and didn't experience brussel sprouts until I was almost 25 years old. Learning about the value of a variety of these different whole foods has truly caused me to love and crave these nutrient rich foods. It's a wonderful feeling when my girls who are nearly 3 and 5 ask for specific 'healing foods' when they have different ailments. They have already learned at their young age that there are foods that can help restore their healthy balance. If you're looking for a great resource, I highly recommend this one!  The cheapest place I have found it was on Amazon, of course. I saw it at our local health food store, but it was like $10 more expensive than I found it on Amazon. The title next to the picture is a link to it if you want to see any more about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment