Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Divinely Healthy Breakfast

I was really wanting to have something healthy for breakfast, so I pulled out the usual; apple, blueberries, cinnamon,  sprouted almonds and flax oil. The blueberries were fresh and so I was worried that they wouldn't have enough juice to moisten everything as defrosting blueberries usually do, so I had an idea to add half a grapefruit because Sprouts was having a crazy good deal on them and we bought like 5 GIANT Texas grapefruit. Anyway...the result was SO GOOD! So, of course I must share!

Divinely Healthy Breakfast
1 medium organic apple (buy fruit and veggie wash if you don't have access to organic.
1 handful of blueberries (same suggestions as above)
1 handful of sprouted almonds (I'll clarify more on this later, but just soak them in water overnight, strain and dry them, and then they'll keep in the fridge for a few days. They'll be nice, plump, and huge!)
1/2 grapefruit
cinnamon to taste
1 squirt of flax oil (cold-pressed olive oil would also be fantastic!)

Warning...you will feel GREAT eating this amazing breakfast. You can be confident that it's going to be a good day! ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. I love how big and plump sprouted almonds get! yummy!
    This looks crunchy munchy yumbo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious! I'll have to try the sprouted almonds!

    ReplyDelete