Monday, February 21, 2011

All Natural Shampoo, Conditioner and Soap! Organic Glamour Day ONE

In deciding which order to release my favorites, I thought that it made the most sense to follow the order of my routine. So, what's first? SHOWER! When we started switching out our chemical products for all natural ones, we tried a few different things. I initially attempted making my own shampoo, but since my hair was long it always ended up too greasy. The brand of shampoo and conditioner below have ended up being our favorite of those we've tried. We just share it as a family. I'll pour some of each into little plastic bottles for the girls' bathroom and Scott and I have ours in our shower. It's great! The bottles last for a couple of months each. I can find it at specialty stores like Sprouts and Central Market here in Texas or Whole Foods...BUT I also found them online for about $1.50 less, so if you want to save money or if you don't have access to some of those specialty stores...or if you're like me and sometimes it's just easier to buy online then drag the kiddos along to store after store...I've attached the link via the "product name" below to the cheapest place I've found them on the web. Apricot is my favorite flavor.

                               

Jason Natural Apricot Shampoo







Jason Natural Apricot Conditioner









I also hated rubbing overly drying chemical soaps all over my body; especially my beautiful little girls' soft, perfect skin. I did some research and learned about vegetable glycerin soaps. I liked that they were mild, used real oils, and were not drying. I use these vegetable glycerin soaps for a handful of different things which I will cover throughout this week, but one of our biggest uses is body soap. When you use overly drying chemical soaps and detergents on your body...your skin has to work overtime to produce the oils that it needs. I hadn't realized how little extra oil we were needing to produce after we switched until we ran out of glycerin soap and used some old Irish Spring or whatever that green soap is that I found lying around. Our youngest daughter within minutes of drying off from her bath was covered all over her legs, arms, chest and stomach with a red bumpy rash. Poor thing. Her skin burned so bad. I slathered oils (I'll cover them this week) all over her body to try and add some moisture back to it and then ran to the store to get some vegetable glycerin soap! Within a day or so, her rash was completely gone and we haven't run out of GOOD soap since!  There are many different brands of vegetable glycerin soap, but this is one of the cheapest I've found. Many can run upwards of $4 and $5, but these are only $1.50/each. Oh! And my favorite part is that they decrease the price when you buy multiples. (I usually stock up and buy 6-8 and they last me 3-4 months.) I've again linked the "product name" below to the cheapest place I've found them on the web! They are also needed for the laundry detergent and hand soap that I will teach you about later this week!



Clearly Natural Honeysuckle Soap

1 comment:

  1. I have been using this shampoo and love it! I have bought ours at Fred Meyers but will have to check out the on-line website. I also use the deodorant!

    ReplyDelete