Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Drinking WATER Week 2 -The Hydration Challenge

We're into week TWO of The Hydration Challenge! Are you still with me? It's in full swing at our house and I feel GREAT! I've felt energetic, awake, and motivated. I even ran the last two days and exercised afterward. Any of you who know me will know that that is HUGE! I haven't had a consistent exercise routine since college. I know...it's bad. But this week has been GREAT! If you've been giving your hydrating great effort, CONGRATS! If you've slacked...don't worry, you've got another week to work on the habit. Don't give up! Your body will thank you!

5 comments:

  1. I defiantly felt HORRIBLE yesterday when I was at the hospital and didn't drink from 5 am until 5:30 when I got home. Worst headache ever and feeling nasty. Really was not great being dehydrated!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing that Scott and I have found interesting...is that as we have become more aware of our bodies and then things that we eat or drink, we can now pinpoint causes of discomfort or ill-health. Without that awareness, people tend to attribute pain, discomfort, and ill-health to sources outside of their control. It's empowering to know that we have more control than we think over the health and wellbeing of our bodies and minds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I have noticed something. I tend to eat/snack ALL day long. So the whole not drinking anything 30 minutes before or after a meal has been difficult. But when I do it, I can feel the difference. I fill up on FOOD, not liquid and stay fuller longer. Just more aware.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been slipping a little. Still drinking lots of water but added a cup of coffee.
    What do you do when you are supposed to take medication with a meal?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's alright to drink some water during meals, but try and keep it minimal. Drinking enough to take a pill is not a big deal.

    ReplyDelete