Friday, March 4, 2011

A GREAT book about enjoying HEALTHY SKIN


Naturally Healthy Skin

I felt that it was fitting for these past two weeks of talking about all around beauty for women, to write about an awesome book that I stumbled upon about a year ago. I always LOVE when I find more things that reaffirm that my desires to cut unhealthy products out of my life and that what I am using to replace them are correct. It always feels good. This book is full of insights ranging from the individual make up of our skin, to fantastic recipes and recommendations. The author begins by talking about taking care of your skin from the inside out, then moves on to the things we can do outside as well. She covers skin care for every different skin type and gives recommendations for each. She goes into detail discussing different carrier oils, essential oils, herbs, and food remedies for everything you can possibly think of including things like; cancer, age spots, what cellulite actually is, and how to get ride of it; dry skin, eczema, rosacea, sunburns, poison ivy, wrinkles and more. It’s a GREAT TOOL! I’m so glad that I found it. A couple of my favorite “home remedies” are below:


Freshly squeezed Pineapple Juice

Pineapple has the fruit acid known as Beta-Hydroxy Acid. I know you’ve heard that word. It’s all over every health and beauty commercials we see and hear. As we get older, our skin doesn’t “turn over” as fast and can result in a back up of dead skin cells. Pineapple contains enzymes (bromelain) that will help dissolve those skin cells.


Banana

Bananas contain another fruit acid, Alpha-Hydroxy Acid. You’ve heard of it too, I know. Alpha-Hydroxy Acids increase your skins hydration and help break up the dead skin cells so that the Beta-Hydroxy Acids can dissolve them away.

There are so many others, but those are a couple of my favorites.  I LOVE having these tools. It never ceases to amaze me that we have been blessed with so many things from nature to help us enjoy optimal health. I am so grateful for the knowledge of these things! Now I’m ready to create beautiful and radiant skin…spring is right around the corner!

del.icio.us Tags: ,,,,,

2 comments:

  1. Camber,

    thank you so much for allowing the public to read your awesome blogs.
    I had one question for you. What is your opinion about drinking milk?
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heike! I appreciate your excitement! That's a GREAT question. I plan to cover it as one of my topics next week. Since I covered women's health and beautiful these last two weeks, next week I am going to discuss children's, and milk will fall into that category!

    ReplyDelete