Wednesday, March 2, 2011

All Natural Glamorous MAKE-UP!

Today’s post is probably my FAVORITE for the week. In the preview to the theme for these posts, I mentioned that it is possible to be both All Natural AND Glamorous. That makes me SO excited, because although I want to be chemical free and natural, I also want to feel beautiful and sexy! Yup, I said it! Gotta look good for my man! Smile 
When I first started looking for ways to cut the chemicals out of my facial routine, I found myself frustrated because everything that I found was SO stinkin’ expensive. Way out of my price range at the time. I searched and I searched and I searched. I’m seriously like the queen of Google searches. Anyway…all of my searching brought one AMAZING result! Let me introduce you to my FAVORITE MAKE-UP in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD!


HONEYBEE GARDENS

All Natural, chemical free, no fillers, parabens, preservatives, no crap!…and no this is not a paid endorsement! I seriously just LOVE this makeup! I love that they have everything I need and that I barely have to use any of the mineral shadows because they are REAL and so a little bit goes a long way. Another perk is that this makeup costs the same, if not less than some of the companies we see commercials on TV for every single day. We’re talking about a small little mineral eye shadow that has lasted me 2 + years now that costs $5.00. It’s AMAZING!

Ok, I’ll breathe now and just get right to the goods. Below I will do my best to link to all of my favorite shades, and you can find what works best for your skin tone. Now, I know I keep sending you to this Edible Nature website…but it is seriously a gold mine! In the past I have always bought this makeup directly from the Honeybee Gardens website…but I about had a heart attack when I found it cheaper on the Edible Nature website. The only reason I could think of is that they get a bulk discount. Anyway…if you want my advice…I’d pull up both websites at the same time. I’ll give you the links…and you can read the detailed descriptions and look at the color samples and decide with exact colors you want on Honeybee Garden’s site (the color samples are pretty difficult to distinguish on Edible Nature’s site)…and then just click over to the Edible Nature site to actually order. They are at least $1-2 dollars cheaper for everything. I’m so excited!
I’m also going to be posting a makeup tutorial for any of you who struggle to put on makeup, want tips, or just wonder how I do mine. I cover everything so if you want to watch it…I’ll post it as soon as I can get Scott to load it up on this computer for me Winking smile (He’s so great!)


Powder Foundation
(I have olive skin tones so, read on HBG’s site to decide what will work for you. Their explanations have always been spot on accurate in my experience.)
HBG Powder -Malibu
*You will notice that they offer a “makeup compact and puff” for an extra $7 or $8 dollars. I haven’t ever bought it. I just use my own big powder brush and it’s perfect. So…if you don’t want to splurge for the compact, you won’t be missing anything.



Mascara
Mascara was one of the things I was most excited that they had when I found HBG. It’s not waterproof, but it is water resistant. So, unless you’re diving in a swimming pool or bawling your eyes out…it lasts all day, and never flakes! NOTE: For easy, safe eye makeup removal, I use Sweet Almond Oil. Just put a little in your fingers, close your eyes tight and rub. Wipe softly with some toilet paper.
Honeybee Gardens Mascara 




Eyeliner
Similarly to the mascara, I hated putting products around my eyes that were chemical. I want youthful skin that ages beautifully, and loading a bunch of “crap” on my face didn’t seem like the best way to do it. They have great eyeliner colors to choose from and they go on nice and smooth. One note: I’ve noticed if I push too hard on my eyelids, I’ll break off the tip of the pencil, so just be gentle when you apply and it will be perfect!

HBG Eyeliner



Lipgloss

HBG Lipgloss
I use “Innocence” and love it. I will probably order “Hollywood” next, because those peachy colors work well with my skin. Pick the one that is right for you skin tones and you’ll be in good shape!
They have Lipsticks and Lip liners, but I don’t usually use them. Find the colors you like on HBG’s site and then find them to order on Edible Nature’s site.
Finally,




Eye Shadow and Blush
I combined these two because HBG has a TON of mineral shadow powders that are not only used as eye shadow; but eyeliner, blush, lip color, and even water-based nail polish! I know…it’s REALLY exciting! There are way too many different colors for me to link to here, but I’ll post the ones that I use and love, and then you can decide which you prefer for your skin and personal taste!
HBG ChaiHBG FlirtatiousHBG GypsyHBG Martini
Chai            Flirtatious            Gypsy          Martini
HBG Sunset StripHBG Temptress
  Sunset Strip      Temptress          
These shadows can be applied wet or dry. I apply some as both eyeliner and shadow. I use the peachy “sunset strip” as my blush, and the non-sparkly, matte “Chai” as my face contouring color. They wear beautifully throughout the day and I couldn’t be more in love!

Phew…I’m pooped! Ok…so each one of those makeup names is a direct link to that specific product. For some reason Edible Nature isn’t completely search friendly…so I hope that the links help! Also, here’s the link to Honeybee Gardens.

Enjoy your beautiful face!

5 comments:

  1. YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW BADLY I NEEDED THIS INFO!!! I've been wondering about natural nail polish for a while now because Natalie always wants to paint her nails and I hate doing it because of the fumes!
    I will for sure be ordering me some GLAMOROUS make-up from these guys! Thank you so much!

    I'M SO EXCITED TOO! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have to say Camber you did get me hooked on this make up and one of my favorite things is that the makeup feels light and fresh. Thank you very much I love the eyeshadow colors too. Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is great information - thank you so much!!!

    Now, do you have any good tips for deodorant? I've tried many natural deodorants but unfortunately for me and everyone around me (haha) they don't work. At all. If you have info I would love to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ang, this made me laugh! I completely understand what you are talking about. What I have learned about all natural deodorants is that they don't block or prevent sweating, but rather kill bacteria. It is that bacteria that causes the smell, not the moisture itself. I have also learned that it must be reapplied much more often than other deodorants. I am still on a search to find some that really does hold up. It is also possible that I am just not used to a "normal" scent; one not covered up by strong perfumes. I usually wear mine when I am planning to spend the day just around the house and where I can reapply easily. I'll have to do some "product testing". :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you ever shopped at vitacost.com? I've been shopping there for about 6 years for vitamins, supplements, toiletries, etc. Well I just saw that they sell Honeybee stuff! I'm so excited! I think it's a little cheaper than Edible Nature too. I have no complaints with them at all - great company.

    ReplyDelete