Thursday, March 10, 2011

All Natural relief from ALLERGIES!

Good morning everyone! This is not the post for the day that follows our theme, but I HAD TO quickly post about a miracle that occurred in our house last night! 2 mornings ago I woke up with a scratchy voice and throat. As the day went on, my discomfort progressed into a full blown stuffy/runny nose, itchy eyes, THE WORKS, allergy event. Any of you who have been to Texas or live here know that the pollen can come on with a vengeance, in  terrifying amounts, and in the words of the My Little Ponies, the weather here changes "willy nilly". Anyway, a miracle occurred last night! :) Starting 2 days ago, I began taking 2 tbsp/3 times a day of raw unfiltered Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar. YOWEE that stuff is intense; so intense that you have to make sure that you swallow it right so it doesn't make your eyes tear up. Anyway, each time I took it...my head and nose cleared and felt great. Then after a bit the pressure would return and I could tell that it was time to take some again. Well, everything that I read had said to do that for 3 days, so today would be my 3rd day, and I plan to take it today as well. Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar is the cure-all remedy for EVERYTHING...but that is another post for another day!

I also read about my beloved essential oils, and found a GREAT remedy, that I had Scott help me with last night. I am not stretching the truth one bit when I say that I slept like a baby and woke up COMPLETELY CLEAR! In fact, this remedy worked so well that it surprised even me...a true blue believer! What a relief! And of course...for any of you other allergy sufferers...here it is!

Ingredients

Sweet Almond Oil (or other carrier)
Lavender Essential Oil
Tea Tree Essential Oil
Peppermint Essential Oil (do not use if pregnant)

Scott mixed a drop of each essential oil in his hand and massaged it into my face in my sinus areas; forehead, temples and cheeks. Once that was all massaged in, we repeated, one drop of each oil + carrier and massaged that all over my upper chest and neck. Repeat the same process on your upper back and  neck up toward your skull. My sinuses and upper back and neck were so sore, but it felt so good! The peppermint opens up your sinuses and it felt SO good to breathe! Once he was done with that, he also massaged some on the tips of my 4 small toes on each foot. That is the point on the feet that links to the sinuses in Reflexology. Anyway...I am converted! I am SO happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment